Friday, November 13, 2009

Don't Stop This Train

Today I reached $1,420 in my fundraising efforts.

This is huge. I've never done any individual fundraising so this has been quite the learning experience.

But as I sit here looking at all the people that have made donations, I am sincerely moved. I'm finally part of something that is bigger than me. And I love it.

I consider myself extremely lucky in life and quite blessed with all the people I have known and know - now this is my chance to give forward.

I almost can't believe that so many people would come together and contribute, but their names are there in black and white. I made a commitment to run a ridiculous amount of miles to prove how much I care - and people responded.

This Thanksgiving I will have so much to be thankful for - the people who have donated, the people who have helped me with the fundraising process, the people who support me, the people who run with me and, most importantly, the fact that I decided to do this marathon in the first place. I hope that I will also give people out there, suffering from this disease, something to be thankful for this year.

Thanks to everyone who has made this possible - I'm freezing this moment in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. super proud of you - what a great feat! - It sounds like you might have raised enough to get the duffel bag - hooray! - can't wait to see you tomorrow and run - 8 miles, right?! - way to go; I'm very proud of you and your fundraising -- you're well on your way to reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete